Sunday, July 29, 2007

What do You Believe?

Recently, I attended an excellent service at a church that is serving the Lorton community. The name of the church is the Grace Bible Church. Although in its beginning stages, It has, in my opinion, begun to serve its flock biblical staples of "knowing what you believe and why you believe it..." It is doing this through a series called "Core Values". At the service I attended, the Pastor's sermon included a summary of the core values taught to date. They were:
• Biblical Teaching (the Bible as the foundation)
• Fellowship
• Worship
• Prayer
• Community
• Outreach
At first, I thought this is basic food for the Christian... Ho Hum... But as I contemplated on the lesson, the Holy Sprit pointed out to me the intricate aroma, texture and taste of this gourmet meal... My Christianity must consist of two basic relationships: First, my relationship with God and secondly, and almost as equally important; My relationship with my fellow man. My Christianity is as much about "community" as it is "spirituality"...

No comments: