Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Texting, virtual worlds, and social networking: Cont...

Sorry for slacking folks. I promise to keep up from now on… Well, what about Virtual Worlds… It seems like everyone is getting involved in them one way or another… either directly or indirectly. A friend of mine pointed out that even an element of the church has set up shop in Second Life. If you are curious; Here is the URL .
Scot Hacker has a blog about “Religion in Second Life. It’s at

My thoughts are; Obviously, God foresaw this but would He have us choose it as a method of fulfilling the “Great Commission”? I wonder how serious a player (some with avatars of Robots and Cats) would take his path down Roman’s Road. It seems hard to hold someone’s attention while they wait for you to type in the message. I guess if one can be brought to Christ in this manner, I am all for it but I fine it hard to understand the virtualization of the Holy spirit.

No comments: